Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finally, she gets to wear clothes!












It was a good 4th of July weekend for Leah. She has continued to gain weight every day and she is working on bottle feeding and nursing now. As of Monday night she was up to 3 lbs. 5.7 oz. It is amazing that being that small even a small amount of weight shows; you can see it in her cheeks. As a result of her weight gain, she has been given clearance to start wearing clothes. They will continue to monitor her temperature and start weaning her to air temperature to see if she can maintain her own body temperature. It is very fun to see her in clothes. She looks great in pink!

I am still struggling with my blood pressure. I had to go to the doctor yesterday after waking up with a terrible headache that wouldn't go away. My blood pressure medicine has been increased and hopefully it works. The bad news is that high blood pressure can cause the headaches but so can my medicine, so either way I may be stuck with the headaches for a while. I have been ordered to rest more, so basically, I can go to the hospital, but between visits, I am to rest. So, I am trying. On a good note, my swelling has gone down significantly. I keep looking at my feet in disbelief; they haven't looked this small in months!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are all doing well. Little Leah and I were born on the same day at the same hospital, so I just knew everything would be okay. Hope you are getting the rest you need. Blood pressure issues can be tricky. Hope to come to visit you soon. Let me know when the time is right. Best wishes to you all! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that your swelling is going down! And Leah is just precious and you're right, pink is her color! Miss you all. Let us know if we can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I love seeing the pics, so thanks so much for posting them! You are right -- you can really see Leah "filling out" in her face -- looking great! I think it's so sweet how she looks at Quin -- just so adorable.
    I'm sorry you're still struggling w/ the blood pressure and headaches. I'm sure it's probably difficult to decide whether the headache is b.p., meds, or even just the crazy pace of these recent weeks.
    Please remember that we're here and SO SO SO happy to help with anything at all you can think of. Again, we'd love to take Quin for you any time -- like, if you and Brian want to be at the hospital in the evening, and want to leave Quin w/ us, please do!
    mb

    ReplyDelete