Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bigger and Bigger Every Day!








As of Friday night, Leah weighed in at 3 lbs. 9.6 oz. She is working on averaging about an ounce a day, so she is doing well. You can definitely see it in her cheeks. She did well with trying a bottle yesterday and today. Between the bottle feeding and her first real bath, she is worn out! She is peacefully resting tonight.

She is not seeming as fragile to me; I guess I am getting use to her size. Dad is still a little scared that he is going to hurt her, but he is not going to get out of diaper changing that easy. AND I got peed on for the first time in diaper changing today (I am sure it won't be the last). Quin especially appreciated this incident.

The staff at the hospital continue to praise her progress and say that she is doing everything that she needs to do. When I left yesterday, I talked with the neonatologist and he said, "I am proud of her." Yeah, me too.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww... [sniff]
    That is so sweet.
    That third pic down is just AWESOME!
    More progress, more progress, more progress! YEA!!
    mb

    ReplyDelete