Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Leah Isabel Savlin





Leah has arrived. A little earlier than expected as many of you may know. I had been have problems with swelling, and over the weekend those symptoms turned into full blown echlampsia. Luckily, I called the dr. on Sunday and he thought that I should come in to be checked out. My blood pressure and other tests weren't bad, but weren't good. On another lucky note, the dr. decided to keep me for observation. I sent Brian home, because I wasn't feeling too bad. That is where is started going bad.

I don't remember much of the night, which is probably a good thing. It seems that I had a couple of seizures and tried to get out of bed and take out my IV. I won't share the other not pleasant details. But suffice it to say, there are lot of people at the hospital on the floor that know me and I don't recall meeting them :-)

So, they got me stabalized during the night. My regular dr. came in first thing on Monday and broke the news that for both my and the baby's health, we needed to deliver that day.

At 2:25 pm via c-section on June 22nd, Leah Isabel Savlin was born. 3 lbs and 17 inches long. Came out crying and looking like her brother. She went 24 hours without a name because we weren't quite expecting her yet and wanted to give Quin the chance to weigh in once he saw her. Quin made the final decision on the name Tuesday afternoon noon once we gave him our final options.

Tuesday, I was able to hold her twice all swaddled up. She has a little c-pap over her nose to push oxygen in. She has several other tubes or wires hooked to her, but the good news is getting treated for all of the basic "preemie" needs. She is getting lipids and other nutrients and will start feedings of breast milk through a tube today. She is also in the process as we speak of getting some medicine to stimulate her lungs. And just like her brother, she is jaundice today, so she is getting to go under the lights.

Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers, well wishes, flowers, and gifts. We are fortunate to has such great friends and family! Keep the thoughts and prayers coming. We are optimistic though that Leah will be in the hospital for about 4 or 5 weeks and then get to go home. I will most likely be here until Friday. I had originally hoped for tomorrow, but they are watching blood pressure and other things closely.

We will use the blog to post updates so that hopefully, you don't have to wait to hear the latest. I am also attaching some pictures for you to take a look at.

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! I am so happy I got to see her in person! Congratulations! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing well! Leah is beautiful. If you need anything, please let us know. I'd love an excuse to come to Kansas City and visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete